Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DIY Monogram Wall Decor



Monogram ANYTHING seems to be all the rage lately so when I was at Joann's one day looking for fabric and saw THIS a large cardboard H for 50% off, I had to grab it!!
(Wasn't sure what I was going to use it for but for $7.00 I couldn't pass it up!)


I decided to grab my Collage Pauge and scrapbook paper and go to work!



I layed the H ontop of the scrapbook paper and cut out several pieces. 




I used my Collage Pauge to glue the scrapbook paper on and once it dried, I used my Tim Holtz Distress ink and rubbed it along the edges




It still looked a little boring :( so I had an idea!! 

I cut several small strips of scrapbook paper and burned the edges to add to the "distressed" look. After using my Collage Pauge once again and it created this really cool effect... LOVE IT!




Now all I needed to do was hang it on the wall :)



What do you think? I hope you love it as much as I do!!


I look forward to Helping you create projects that are to DIY for!!

Tar'Lese

No comments:

Post a Comment