Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba Party



My best friends daughter was turning 2 and all she could think about was having a Yo Gabba Gabba party... I don't have children however, I have noticed that kids go NUTS for that show.  When my best friend mentioned that she wanted to set up a candy table, I had the PERFECT idea!! These were SO much fun to make!! and the kids LOVED them.


First I went to Michaels and picked up 5 Terra Cotta pots
(they were less than $1.00 each)


Then I spray painted them with white matte spray paint to give a good base
(it took 2 coats)



I used Acrylic paint for each
 (this step took a little while because I had to give them 3 coats each)




Ahhh, that's better :)



And now the FUN PART!
I hand painted the faces on each
 (I cheated a little bit and sketched with a pencil 1st)



They were a HUGE hit at the party!! 






Looking forward to Helping you create projects that are to DIY for!!

Tar'Lese

No comments:

Post a Comment